Like Us on Facebook
- Lebanon Energy Advisory Committee
- Lebanon Master Plan & Implementation of the Master Plan
- New Hampshire Community Planning Grant Program
- Proposed Zoning Amendments - Including Renewable Energy Language
Lebanon Community Planning Grant - Energy Efficiency Initiative
The City of Lebanon was awarded a funding in the first round of the New Hampshire Housing Community Planning Grant program. Through its Energy Efficiency Initiative the City proposes to implement recommendations and action steps outlined in the 2012 Lebanon Energy Plan and subsequent Energy Chapter of the Master Plan. The goal of this project is to take a holistic approach to improving energy efficiency, renewable energy regulations and policies. The changes will address a broad range of approaches and techniques to integrate energy conservation as well as renewable energy resources into land use planning, regulations and building construction codes. This Initiative will seek to amend existing land use regulations, municipal building codes, and land use policies as well as implement a robust public outreach and education program on energy topics.
The City chose to work with the Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission (UVLSRPC); The Town asked the Commission Planners to assist with the Energy Efficiency Initiative, by performing the following tasks:
- Review existing regulations and building codes.
- Conduct public outreach program regarding energy issues.
- Develop recommended amendments to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy facilities.
- Develop an outreach and education program in support of recommended amdendments.
UVLSRPC Staff will work with City of Lebanon Staff, the Lebanon Energy Advisory Committee, and the Sub Committee for the Implementation of the Master Plan.
- City of Lebanon
- New Hampshire Housing
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development, Community Challenge Planning Grant