Like Us on Facebook
New London Parking and Traffic Study
In 2004, the Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission (UVLSRPC) assisted the Town of New London in developing a Parking and Traffic study for the community's Commercial Business District.
The purpose of the New London Parking Study was to assess traffic and parking conditions in the Commercial Business District, identify problems, evaluate alternative solutions, and make improvement recommendations. The project included:
- Completing an inventory of on-street and off-street parking spaces, and identifying the number and location of parking spaces within the Community Business District.
- Completing four parking occupancy surveys to assess the number and location of parking spaces used during weekdays.
- Evaluating peak parking demand during shows at the New London Barn Playhouse.
- Conducting traffic counts at a series of locations on Pleasant Street and Main Street.
- Conducting a turning movement count to evaluate the intersection of Main Street and Pleasant Street.
- Developing improvement recommendations related to a variety of identified parking and traffic issues in the Commercial Business District.
- Town of New London
- Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission