Like Us on Facebook
- 1996-2000 Traffic Volume Report
(PDF, 543 KB)
- 1991-1995 Traffic Volume Report
(PDF, 408 KB)
- UVLSRPC 2011 Traffic Count Locations
(DOCUMENT, 31 KB)
- 2001-2005 Traffic Volume Report
(PDF, 634 KB)
- 2006-2010 Traffic Volume Report
(PDF, 642 KB)
Nathan Miller, AICP
Regional Traffic Counting Program
The Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission (UVLSRPC) collects traffic volume data on state highways and local roads in the region under a contractual agreement with the New Hampshire Department of Transportation. There are approximately 450 designated traffic count locations across the UVLSRPC region’s 27 communities. UVLSRPC collects data at approximately 115-120 locations each year, covering the entire region on a three-year rotating cycle.
Traffic count locations are determined by the NHDOT to fulfill reporting requirements under the national Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS).The HPMS is a nationwide database detailing the condition and use of local, state, and federal roads. In the Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Region, traffic counting stations are often located near bridges, municipal boundaries, rural village centers, and urban areas.
- US Federal Highways Administration, Section 5304, Statewide Planning & Research Program through NH Department of Transportation