Like Us on Facebook
- Blueprint for Organics Recycling
(PDF, 4.1 MB)
- Connecticut River Valley HHW Management 2013
(PDF, 1.7 MB)
USDA Connecticut River Valley Solid Waste Management Project
The UVLSRPC received a U.S. Department of Agriculture grant to work with two Vermont solid waste management districts along the Connecticut River. The Windham County Solid Waste Management District in Brattleboro, Vermont has 19 towns in their district. The Southern Windsor/Windham Counties Solid Waste Management District in Ascutney, Vermont has 13 towns in their district. The goals of the project are to 1.) work collaboratively with Vermont to use the varied expertise and resources of each partner to benefit the communities in a shared watershed; 2.) reduce hazardous materials in the waste stream and from improper home disposal to protect our drinking waters; and 3.) develop and expand yard and food waste composting to divert materials from disposal.
The regional planning commission and their two partners worked on four major tasks under this year-long grant:
- Expand household hazardous waste (HHW) collection services within New Hampshire, explore reciprocal programs between New Hampshire and Vermont, and provide resources to schools for chemical cleanouts in New Hampshire and Vermont. A link to the final report is available on this page.
- Expand unwanted medicine collection into Vermont. The regional planning commission already provides unwanted medicine collection in our region.
- Develop a marketing campaign to instill habitual proper household hazardous waste manage and reduced toxic product purchases in New Hampshire and Vermont. Visit our HHW website to explore our Healthy Home: Clean Safe & $ave program.
- Develop a food a yard waste collection, processing, and marketing system in the valley of New Hampshire and Vermont. A link to the final report is available on this page.
- US Department of Agriculture, Solid Waste Management Grant
- Greater Sullivan County Household Hazardous Waste Committee
- Upper Valley Household Hazardous Waste Committee